WHO’S IT FOR?
Our sessions are based on ability, so we don’t enforce strict age limits, we want every child to be able to pick up music no matter their age. Most of the children in these sessions are aged between 6-11, so older children may prefer to start at in the Senior sessions where we can offer additional tuition to get them up to speed if they need it.
WHY IT ROCKS
Junior sessions are structured around a band environment. The students will learn rock tracks with experienced tutors on the path to including them in a set list for their gigs. The level of tuition is tailored to the individual student, but we’ll be arming them with the technical skills needed to attack their grades if they choose. Each week new tracks will be introduced that require students to learn new disciplines that cover their instrument but also in areas such as production and performance.
Sessions are designed to introduce skills that build teamwork and collaboration. We organise a schedule of public events and we get our students involved in the preparation, so they take ownership of their performance and their roles in their band. Each weekly session will include rehearsal time where every student is encouraged to take the lead, helping to develop confidence and leadership skills.
Our experienced tutors will ensure each child in the group gets the right level of tuition to keep them engaged and excited about music. Each session will have no more than 15 students so everyone will have quality time with the tutors as well as encouraging individual practice and learning.
All STar OBJECTIVES
- A supportive environment to create new bands and aid their development
- Experienced tutors help students master their instruments
- Develops knowledge of musical disciplines in line with formal grading expectations
- Builds confidence as students develop their musical identity
- Public performances to channel their inner rock god
- Encourages passion in music which creates life-long interests
- Collaborative environment teaching teamwork and building great friendships